Posted by meaningmatters
on June 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Here is a link for our July summer literacy calendar for Kindergarten Children. We always recommend setting a routine for summer learning. Just as children do well with consistent schedules in the classroom, it works well at home too.
Here's how it works in my house:
- We set aside the first 20 minutes after breakfast for "morning work".
- Both of my children have folders, writing journals, story journals and a book bin.
- I try to set one child up with independent work and either read or write with the other child.
- All my children, even my 2 year old, dictate a story every day.
- This year for the first time each child will have an ipad morning! Once a week I will set them up with a digital storytelling, a literacy app or a math app.
- Yes, it's summer so there are rewards for doing extra work. For every five days of qualty work, they earn a certificate for an ice cream cone at the ice cream store!
If you have trouble with the link or would like a version of the calender that is easier to print and share with families please email us (Meaningmatters1@gmail.com) and we would be happy to send you an attached file.
Here is another link where you can download the file in a .doc format
Thank you and happy summer!
Don't forget to check back the end of July for an August calendar!